Thursday, October 3, 2013

Learning something new



Yes, that's right!
I'm playing billiards. I am actually trying to learn to play billiards. Haha!

It has been two weeks since I started and we've been doing it every lunch break. I'm really glad that I finally got to try this. My friends back in college used to go to the "bilyaran" near our campus whenever they can. I tried to shoot a ball back then but it just felt very awkward so I never attempted it again until my colleague and friend Noemi said that she is willing to teach me. And so she did!

My first goal was to be able to hit the target with the cue ball. On my first day of practice, I'm proud to say that I was able to accomplish it, but that was after 3 games and moving some of the balls! Yes, she moved them so that they will not block my target. Thanks to her!

Then of course, my next goal was to shoot the ball in the pockets. Most of the time I would be able to shoot because of Luck. Beginner's luck is indeed true! Then the next goal was to be able to determine which ball to target. Seriously, this is quite hard for me but I believe that with more practice I can be able to achieve this together with other things that a billiards player should know and do. I'm not going to pressure myself and will take all the time that I have to learn. I'm just really glad to be able to learn a new sport. And besides, this is all for fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment