Thursday, October 17, 2013

On getting fit after Pregnancy



I saw this picture of Maria Kang this morning, it was shared to me by my friend. There is no other option but to answer the question with - "No, I don't have an excuse!" But on a second thought, maybe I do have an excuse. Hahaha! Well, I had a C-section when I gave birth to my daughter Aby. That was the reason why I was not able to go back to doing what I usually do. What more for a work out, right? Come on, say yes!

My self esteem was not high before pregnancy and it got lower after pregnancy. The scar, stretch marks, clothes does not fit well anymore, and bigger cheeks are bothering me. I did not really grew big, it's just that I now have the flab around my waist which makes me uncomfortable to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes. I gained a couple of inches on my waist so my pants are really tight. Plus the fact that Aby is growing and getting heavier that I had a hard time when I pick her up. I felt so weak.

I'm just thankful that Hubby helped me boost my confidence by randomly complimenting on how I looked. He would sometimes call me gorgeous or sexy! Even though I do not really believe it, those compliments really helped a lot. And what I really appreciate is the look of sincerity that I see everytime he says those compliments to me.

Right now, I'm taking baby steps to getting fit again just like before. I have been working out at most two times a week for more than two months now. I do cardio on the stationary bike, a little bit of weights to strengthen my arms and back and some work out for the abs. These are some of the gym equipment that I use:




As of now, the result that I see is that my arms and back became stronger because I am now able to carry baby Aby for a longer period of time which means more bonding time with her.

So after seeing that picture, I felt more determined to get slim and fit. I hope that I will be able to maintain the activity. May God give me the perseverance!
Have a great weekend everyone! :)  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment