Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A sweet welcome greeting


Yesterday was a long day for me. I felt tired by the end of the day and as usual, I went straight home. While walking towards the condo, I saw hubby and our daughter Aby at the terrace waving at me. That painted a smile on my face in an instant. But what really took my tiredness away was something that Aby did when I arrived.

So I was climbing up the stairs when I heard Aby say Mommy for several times as if she missed me real bad. She seemed so excited to see me. This is not very usual because she does this for her dad. Yeah, a Daddy's girl.

So! when I finally reached our doorstep, she stretched out her hands to hug me and laid her head on my shoulder while saying mommy over and over again. Then I asked her to "sing for mommy." Since she can only say a few words, her song would mostly be humming in between meaningless syllables to imitate an actual song. And she "sang" while embracing me and patting my back gently. Ahhh...it was very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment